When one starts searching for an online broker, one quickly comes across the names of these two platforms. But, due to the fact that their policies, functionality, and rates are quite close, it may be hard to make a final decision about which of them to try. Hence, we believe that our comparative review will make this task easier for you.
We believe that the best way to determine the most suitable option for your personal trading needs is to study their benefits.
The key advantages offered by Kraken:
· availability in over 200 regions;
· 374 markets;
· crypto trading, margins, futures, OTC trading;
· deposits in crypto;
· affordable minimum deposit — $10;
· minimum maker commission — $0;
· leverage of 1:5;
· much lower trading commissions compared to Gemini;
· no account and inactivity commissions;
· passive income from staking;
· two-factor authentication;
· extensive charting functionality — more than 50 indicators and 16 drawing instruments.
The most valuable features of Gemini:
· accessibility in all 50 states of the USA;
· 112 markets;
· a full range of top cryptos plus US dollars;
· an extremely low minimum deposit limit — $1;
· no inactivity penalties or account fees;
· cheaper depositing and withdrawing commissions compared to Kraken;
· a sign-up bonus of up to $100;
· advanced security;
· hot wallet;
· helpful support service;
· all trading strategies supported;
· passive investments;
· high liquidity;
· a reliable safety system;
· an opportunity to make crypto payments at stores;
· a huge selection of depositing/withdrawing methods;
· quick withdrawals.
As you can see, both of these services offer a huge bunch of advantageous features. Nevertheless, to be objective, we must mention Kraken vs Gemini weaknesses as well. In the case of Kraken, you must mind that its selection of coins is rather limited. Furthermore, it does not support any derivatives, NFTs, or ETFs. Besides, if you are interested in margin trading, be ready for high commissions. On the other hand, Gemini also cannot boast an extensive range of coins. It does not allow short selling and using leverage as well. In addition, its trading fees are pretty high, which is a crucial factor for many users.