In recent times, cryptocurrency has demonstrated to be a new yet strong asset class, providing excellent rates of return. The bitcoin exchange platforms industry must retain its grounding in market growth as more stakeholders from various industries show interest in its possibility. A decade earlier, only tech-savvy, privacy-conscious individuals who were skeptical of centrally controlled banking systems dabbled in virtual currencies.
Let’s talk about statistics of Bitcoin, cryptocurrency, blockchain, and the various accomplishments that have been achieved so far.
1. Every three seconds, a blog about Bitcoin appears on social networks.
According to the latest cryptocurrency statistic, 28,866 statuses about Bitcoin are posted on the internet daily. If we do the basic arithmetic, we can estimate that approximately 1,203 posts are managed to make every hour.
2. In February 2021, the price of Bitcoin surged by 66%.
- The virtual asset’s price in January 2021 was only $30 000. As per cryptocurrency statistics, it increased by around $20 000 by February. What was more, it was only worth $10,000 a year ago.
- That equates to a 400% rise in income by Q1 2021!
- Holders should be overjoyed since they can offer their coins for financial gain.
3. Tether was the largest virtual currency as of February 22nd, with a 24-hour volume of $109 billion.
- Tether’s prominence has recently upped.
- Even so, the virtual asset has not always had a comfortable ride. Big names such as New York’s Attorney General were among its harshest critics. Tether did not dispute the claims and disclosed that the dollar was 74 per cent backed. It has, even so, proven to be invaluable over time and now provides a variety of marketplaces.
4. 667 million new cases of crypto-malware were reported by March 2020.
- These web thugs never pass up an opportunity to steal, huh?
- As per cryptocurrency security statistical data, by March of that year, that number had risen by approximately 16 million.
- Choose remedies with behavior intellectual ability to prevent any installation efforts. AI-driven counter-intrusion techniques will be most effective against current threats in the scheme.
5. By 2020, the global number of cryptocurrency exchanges will have exceeded 300.
Their standard of service extends to both fiat-for-crypto and crypto-to-crypto transactions. According to cryptocurrency facts, there will be over 300 by 2020. Binance was the winner in February 2021, with a 24-hour volume of $28.85. HBTC came second with $14.44 billion, followed by Hydax Exchange with $12.19 billion.
6. 14,915 Bitcoin ATMs were operational as of January 2021. (ATMs).
There have been 915 new devices in February. Genesis Coin is the biggest device manufacturer, accounting for 34.6 per cent of the market, while General Bytes is the second-largest, accounting for 30 per cent.
7. The trust in cryptocurrency is nearly 100 per cent as of January 2021.
Investors’ involvement in Ethereum and Bitcoin, both organizational and retail, rose exponentially in the fourth quarter of 2020. In a 2021 questionnaire of over 60,000 global users, 97% expressed confidence in digital content.
8. As of 2021, there are approximately 900 new coins on the market
Every 10 minutes, the amount of currency in circulation grows. Miners are constantly digging up new blocks. The daily average is 144, with each throwing 6.25 coins into circulation. It equates to 900 cryptocurrencies per day.
9. Bitcoin alone is responsible for $6 billion in everyday online purchases.
Only two of America’s top payment systems, Visa Card ($30.3 billion) and MasterCard ($16.2 billion) come close.
10. Everyday Bitcoin transactions reached nearly 400,000 in the first qtr of 2021.
Bitcoin’s increased user base has resulted in more exchanges than before. Its records in January 2021 were higher than in January 2018, with a distinction of 78,722 money transfers per day. As a result, given the situation, its performance was exceptional. People are becoming more interested in Bitcoin than before. It is gathering steam in comparison to other cryptocurrencies.
The prominent cryptocurrencies that are now traded on the market are simple for investors to purchase. The cryptocurrency world is massive and ever-changing. According to cryptocurrency statistical data, the crypto market is anticipated to increase once widespread adoption occurs, and government regulations become more permissive.