To register on many sites, the user must be verified: specify the phone number, get an SMS and enter its contents on the site. This is how we “prove” that the registration is a real person with a real phone number. However, experienced users know that leaving a personal phone number may not be secure: databases of phone numbers of fraudsters and spammers often consist of purchased or hacked user lists on various sites.
Here’s how to create a virtual phone number to register on websites to avoid spam.
What is a virtual phone number?
Virtual phone numbers aren’t any different from regular phone numbers. Except that they’re not linked to a SIM card and have a limited lifespan. Number exists only in virtual space and is designed for single use.
The main use of such a number is registration on various sites and services that confirm registration via SMS. There are different kinds of such numbers, some work steadily (like your personal mobile number) and others are created for a short period of time.
Such temporary numbers are ideal for quick registration on various sites. In this case, your data remains secure and you get the desired access to all the features of the resource.
Feature of temporary virtual numbers is that they are not tied to mobile coverage in the country, which gives new opportunities for their owner. For example, you can bypass regional restrictions by using a virtual number of any other countries, even if you are not a citizen of it. Thus, you can freely use resources that are closed to citizens of your country.
All existing virtual numbers can be divided into the following groups:
- A number that allows you to receive SMS. Usually, it is used in the case in order to register in various messengers or social networks. In addition, they are also used in order to register with various services. A message will be sent to this number, which will contain the verification code.
- A permanent phone number for receiving SMS, which is leased on a long-term basis. A user rents a number for a certain period and makes a payment for this period. It is worth noting that the price in this case will be much higher than the disposable number. The point is that the user will be able to receive an unlimited number of messages during the entire rental period.
What are the advantages of virtual numbers?
Virtual numbers for SMS verification have become so popular for a reason. Virtual telephony has its own advantages, which greatly facilitate the work.
- There is no connection to geographic location. If mobile and fixed numbers are strictly tied to a particular region, choosing virtual telephony you can connect numbers in any country of the world.
- Privacy. Virtual numbers are not tied to your personal information. It’s very useful for people who create with it a lot of different accounts or pass registration on the sites. Also the anonymity makes registration more secure – even if the site is hacked, your personal information will not fall into the hands of third parties.
- Usability. Numbers are not tied to a specific device. You can use them from any gadget or PC connected to the Internet.
- Affordable price. The cost of virtual telephony is much lower than that of mobile operators. Thus companies save a lot of money for buying additional mobile numbers.
- Possibility to connect to API-interface or other software for work automation.
How to get a virtual number for SMS using the service SMS-man
Using the service SMS-man, you can get a virtual phone number and create a new account on any platform in just a few minutes. To do it, follow the step-by-step instruction below:
- Go through a simple registration process at sms-man.com.
- In the top menu select the section “Payment” and refill your account by one of the convenient ways.
- Go back to the main page and choose one of the countries for your virtual number.
- After choosing the country, you will be shown the list of available services. Choose that service, where you need to pass registration.
- Next to the desired service press “Buy” button.
After this virtual number will be automatically added to the history of your requests on the main page. There you will also be able to see all incoming messages to the purchased number.