At first glance, it may seem that the two exchanges are almost identical in terms of features and commissions, thus, it is almost impossible to pick the best one without in-depth analysis. Yet, when you read our guide up to the end, you will see that they are designed for different groups of traders.
In short, Binance is acknowledged to be the biggest crypto exchange service by turnover, which ensures unmatched liquidity and execution speed. Besides, it is well-known for its immense selection of coins — about 500, cheap fees, and a peer-to-peer trading opportunity. At the same time, Bitfinex is not so actively advertised, yet, it also boasts a broad variety of advantages like a 20-year operation experience, support of advanced trading features, over 170 cryptocurrencies along with futures and NFTs.
For more details, let us mention the most significant features offered by Bitfinex vs Binance.
· around 170 digital coins;
· a high minimum deposit that depends on the currency chosen — for example, in US dollars it equals 10,000;
· no minimum deposit restrictions in crypto;
· 5 base account currencies plus cryptos;
· maximum leverage — 1:100;
· advanced support of trading bots;
· low fees, negative commissions for large volumes;
· cheaper fees for LEO owners;
· staking for passive income plus loaning opportunities;
· two platforms — web and mobile;
· basic safety functionality;
· both demo trading and educational content are available for those who seek extra knowledge or skills;
· 24/7 user support with a quicker average response time compared to Binance;
· no sign-up bonus, but there are affiliate rewards;
· legal problems within the USA;
· hacking events in the past.
· about 500 coins;
· a much more bearable minimum deposit — $10;
· over 20 fiat base account currencies plus over 50 cryptos;
· maximum leverage — 1:100;
· affordable fees that are similar to those imposed by Bitfinex;
· lower deposit and withdrawal fees;
· discounts on commissions for BNB holders;
· passive earning on staking and mining;
· three versions: web, mobile, and desktop;
· security functions are identical;
· a wider range of deposit/withdrawal options, including card transfers;
· it offers a decent base of informative materials for self-learning, but there is no paper trading feature;
· 24/7 customer service with a wide range of communication channels;
· its welcome bonus reaches up to $100;
· referral bonuses;
· no access in the USA, but there is an alternative — Binance US.
To sum up, Binance is a universal choice for any trader as it offers an immense assortment of coins, low fees even for small trades, an affordable minimum deposit limit, passive earning opportunities, and more payment methods. On the other hand, Bitfinex is intended for professional traders operating large sums — hence, it imposes high minimum deposit limits but provides extremely generous discounts on commissions for big sums, advanced functionality for robots, and other extra trading features.