The 2022 FIFA World Cup has produced a lot of sensations: Saudi Arabia defeated one of the tournament’s favorites, Argentina, led by Leo Messi, in the first round of the group stage. The Japanese put on a real show. However, there were also plenty of disappointments. Many of the leading national teams, considered favorites of the championship, did not manage to overcome the group barrier. Up-to-date statistics for all matches of the tournament can be found on Betss. In addition to match results, there is also information on the top scorers and assists.
The top 5 major disappointments of the 2022 World Cup are:
- Germany – Flick’s men failed to get out of a group far from the strongest. They drew with Spain and beat Costa Rica but were weaker than Japan. In the end, they finished third and went home.
- Belgium, the golden generation led by Kevin De Bruyne, had arguably their worst result in the last decade’s final stages of major tournaments. Belgium only beat Canada, drew with Croatia, and lost to Morocco. Yet, they also had a third place and a ticket home.
- Denmark. After a very confident performance at Euro 2020, many expected a bright game from this national team. However, the Vikings scored only 1 point and finished last in their group, trailing: France, Australia, and Tunisia.
- Spain. “Furia Roja” performed well in the group stage but sensationally lost to Morocco in a penalty shootout in the 1/8 finals. Nevertheless, in this tournament, many predicted a triumph for José Enrique’s side.
- Serbia is another team with a great generation of players: Mitrovic, Vlahovic, and Milinkovic-Savic. Most of the players on this team play for top European clubs, but the team finished last in its group and dropped out of the tournament.
Speaking about sensations, Japan, Morocco, and South Korea surprised fans. These teams showed a bright game and a great result. It is possible to watch the live broadcast on Bet ss. Furthermore, it is possible to increase interest in watching by betting.
Why the Grands failed
As for Germany, Flick’s team was haunted by injuries. Timo Werner and Marco Reuss did not go to the tournament. The application was balanced but could have been better. That is why in the Betss app, judging by the odds, Germany was not the main contender to win the tournament.
Belgium is on the verge of a generational change, but the coaching staff was not ready for it. Martinez preferred Eden Hazard to Leandro Trossard and Jérémy Doku, who are in better shape.
In the app Betss, however, the Belgians were still regarded as the favorites of their group. The team’s previous achievements played their part. Despite winning the opening match against Canada, the Belgians dropped out of the tournament in the group stage.