Finding the right treatment center is an important part of recovering from a mental health disorder or addiction. It’s important to choose a program that offers services tailored to your specific needs, provides high-quality care, and can help you meet your goals for recovery.
The best way to find these qualities in a treatment facility is by doing research before committing your time and resources and asking questions during the intake process. Read on for our list of tips on how to find the best mental health and drug addiction treatment centers:
Find a dual diagnosis treatment facility.
If you have a mental health disorder, it can be difficult to find a facility that specializes in dual diagnosis treatment. This is because these facilities are few and far between, but they’re also highly effective at treating both mental health conditions and substance abuse disorders. You may want to seek out a facility that offers this kind of care if you do not want to go through the often-difficult process of treating your addiction first before addressing any other issues you might be facing.
If you do decide to go for dual diagnosis treatment, there are many different types of facilities that offer the treatment:
- Private practices with psychiatrists who specialize in both fields; public hospitals with psychiatrists who specialize in both fields
- Psychiatric hospitals where drug rehab programs are offered onsite (but psychiatric help is not)
- General medical centers where doctors who specialize in drugs or alcohol
- Group homes where residents live together under one roof while receiving care from staff members trained specifically for their needs (this type of care is often available only for adults).
Find a facility close to home.
When choosing a treatment program, it can be helpful to find one close to home. This may seem like an obvious point and many people would agree that distance from home is not necessarily a factor in choosing a treatment center. But for some people, being away from their support system might be too much of a burden on top of their other stressors in life. If this is the case for you or someone you love, then finding a facility close to home might help with recovery. How far away should it be? That depends on what kind of services you’re seeking—the closer the better when you think about it!
Find a treatment center that provides the services you need.
If you’re planning to seek treatment for addiction or mental illness, it’s important to find a treatment center that offers the services you need. You’ll want to find a treatment center that offers the following:
- Services you want.
- A variety of services.
- Advanced treatment options.
- And value for your money.
Find a rehab center with a high completion rate.
There are many different factors to consider when choosing the best treatment center for you. One of the most important is a program’s success rate—the percentage of patients who complete their program, as well as those who go on to live sober lives in recovery.
The success rates at any given facility can vary greatly depending on several factors, such as how long they’ve been in business or how much experience they have helping people with similar issues. If you’re looking for a program with a high completion rate and strong track record, look at some of these numbers:
- The number of patients completing treatment each year (this will give you an idea of how many people can be successful there).
- The average length of stay (the longer it takes someone to leave their program, the less likely it is that they will return).
- The average time between discharge and relapse (if this number is high, it means there must be something wrong with the rehab model being used).
Ask questions and choose the best program.
When choosing a drug and alcohol recovery facility, it’s important to ask questions about their philosophy on treatment, what types of services they offer, staff credentials (are they certified in addiction counseling or mental health care?), success rates and cost of treatment. In addition, make sure that the facility is accredited by an organization.
Research treatment methods and staff expertise.
To find the best treatment center, you should research treatment methods and staff expertise. The center should have a treatment philosophy that fits your needs. The center should have a staff that is experienced in treating mental health or addiction disorders.
The center should have a reputation for success. It’s important to know why people choose this particular drug rehab facility before committing yourself to it; it could mean the difference between getting well and feeling worse after treatment ends on its own terms (when it’s time) instead of by force (due to health concerns).
Confirm insurance coverage and pricing.
If your insurance company covers mental health care, it’s important to confirm that the treatment center you are considering is in-network. You could also inquire about discounts or payment plans through your insurance coverage, as well as financial aid options for people who lack the means to pay out of pocket.
Consider financing options. If you need help paying for treatment, ask if they offer financing options. This can give you an idea of what it might cost so that you can start saving up before entering a program and ensure that your finances will allow it without having to worry about how much money is coming out of pocket each month after graduation.
Finding the right center is important to successfully treat mental health or addiction disorders.
When looking for an addiction treatment center, it’s important to consider the following factors:
- Does the facility specialize in treating dual diagnosis? If you have a mental health disorder and your addiction is related to that, you will want to make sure they can treat both.
- Is the facility accredited? Also, check out their website or call them directly to see if they can provide certification information.
- How far away is it from my home? If you are planning on traveling to this facility on a regular basis (for example if it is an alcohol rehab inpatient program), make sure it’s not too far away from where you live so that transportation isn’t difficult and expensive.
With so many treatment centers out there, it can be overwhelming to choose the right one. But if you follow these tips, you’ll be able to find the best program for your needs.